Women's tennis earns spot in conference tournament with win over McNeese State
The Roadrunners of the clay are celebrating another trip to the Southland Conference tournament. File photo
Last weekend, the UTSA women's tennis team hosted their last two regular season competitions before they head off to Nacogdoches, Texas for the Southland Conference Tournament the last weekend in April.
Saturday saw the Roadrunners battle Lamar University in a close competition that started off great with two wins by the doubles teams of Peana/Jonsson and Silva/Carrillo but took a turn for the worse as the first four of the singles matches ended in losses for the Roadrunners. Stephanie Peana and Isabelle
Jonsson rallied to add a couple of last minute wins for UTSA, but in the end, the Lady Cardinals edged out the Roadrunners 4-3.
On Sunday, UTSA faced the McNeese State Cowgirls. The Roadrunners were victorious in five of the seven matches to take the day 5-2. Because of possible rain, the competition began with singles matches instead of doubles. The Roadrunners gained another early lead, winning two of the first three matches. Meanwhile, Stephanie Peana traded blows with McNesse's Tea Tvrtkovic.
The Roadrunners have enough wins to secure a spot in the Southland Conference Tournament, which will be held April 27-29 in Nacogdoches, TX. UTSA will compete as the eighth seed and take on the Ladyjacks of Stephen F. Austin.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent EGC3 Media News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EGC3 MEDIA NEWS
RECENT EGC3 MEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind