Women's tennis earns spot in conference tournament with win over McNeese State
The Roadrunners of the clay are celebrating another trip to the Southland Conference tournament. File photo
Last weekend, the UTSA women's tennis team hosted their last two regular season competitions before they head off to Nacogdoches, Texas for the Southland Conference Tournament the last weekend in April.
Saturday saw the Roadrunners battle Lamar University in a close competition that started off great with two wins by the doubles teams of Peana/Jonsson and Silva/Carrillo but took a turn for the worse as the first four of the singles matches ended in losses for the Roadrunners. Stephanie Peana and Isabelle
Jonsson rallied to add a couple of last minute wins for UTSA, but in the end, the Lady Cardinals edged out the Roadrunners 4-3.
On Sunday, UTSA faced the McNeese State Cowgirls. The Roadrunners were victorious in five of the seven matches to take the day 5-2. Because of possible rain, the competition began with singles matches instead of doubles. The Roadrunners gained another early lead, winning two of the first three matches. Meanwhile, Stephanie Peana traded blows with McNesse's Tea Tvrtkovic.
The Roadrunners have enough wins to secure a spot in the Southland Conference Tournament, which will be held April 27-29 in Nacogdoches, TX. UTSA will compete as the eighth seed and take on the Ladyjacks of Stephen F. Austin.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent EGC3 Media News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EGC3 MEDIA NEWS
RECENT EGC3 MEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses