Women's tennis earns spot in conference tournament with win over McNeese State
The Roadrunners of the clay are celebrating another trip to the Southland Conference tournament. File photo
Last weekend, the UTSA women's tennis team hosted their last two regular season competitions before they head off to Nacogdoches, Texas for the Southland Conference Tournament the last weekend in April.
Saturday saw the Roadrunners battle Lamar University in a close competition that started off great with two wins by the doubles teams of Peana/Jonsson and Silva/Carrillo but took a turn for the worse as the first four of the singles matches ended in losses for the Roadrunners. Stephanie Peana and Isabelle
Jonsson rallied to add a couple of last minute wins for UTSA, but in the end, the Lady Cardinals edged out the Roadrunners 4-3.
On Sunday, UTSA faced the McNeese State Cowgirls. The Roadrunners were victorious in five of the seven matches to take the day 5-2. Because of possible rain, the competition began with singles matches instead of doubles. The Roadrunners gained another early lead, winning two of the first three matches. Meanwhile, Stephanie Peana traded blows with McNesse's Tea Tvrtkovic.
The Roadrunners have enough wins to secure a spot in the Southland Conference Tournament, which will be held April 27-29 in Nacogdoches, TX. UTSA will compete as the eighth seed and take on the Ladyjacks of Stephen F. Austin.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent EGC3 Media News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST EGC3 MEDIA NEWS
RECENT EGC3 MEDIA CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World